A Baby Story

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Sleepy Saturday

Last night Elizabeth slept from 11:00pm until 7:00am this morning. I had heard her wake up around 4:00am but she fell back to sleep after letting out one or two cries. We are amazed she slept so long! She also did a little sleep 'walking' during the night. I had put her in her crib between the two bumpers and this is how I found her this morning:


She was completely out of the bumpers when I found her - she just happened to throw her legs back into the bumpers before I snapped the picture. LOL! She did a lot of moving during the night. She is such a little wiggle worm!

I fed her at 7:00am and then gave her to her Daddy who laid in bed with her. After I did a little pumping (since I was uncomfortable from being allowed to sleep so long - not that I'm complaining) I crawled back into bed around 8:00am. We all fell asleep again and woke up around 11:00am.

We woke up this morning to a crappy day outside. It went from being in the high 60s yesterday to 30s and 40s today with high winds and a very wet snow almost slush. A perfect day for sleeping in. We are hoping that the weather improves for tomorrow. We already had one cancellation of a guest due to the weather.

Derrick went out with my mom and did some grocery shopping for the party. Derrick and I spent the evening cutting up veggies and fruit and then rolling some luncheon meat for sandwiches. We also invited our neighbors over to the get together tomorrow. They were nice enough to invite us to their son's high school graduation party last summer so we thought we would return the gesture. :) Plus they haven't really seen Elizabeth yet.

Elizabeth slept a lot today so we are hoping that she sleeps well tonight. We tried to keep her awake today so that we won't run into trouble tonight. That's the last thing we need is to have her switch her schedule and start sleeping during the day and staying awake at night. She didn't sleep much yesterday while we were out so that's probably why she slept so well last night and is sleepy today. We also think she might be going through another growth spurt as she was a piggie yesterday and slept so much today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home