Sleepy Saturday
Today was a sleepy morning for Elizabeth and her daddy:


Daddy "watched" Elizabeth while I straightened up the house a little bit before he went to do some grocery shopping. His coworker and his wife were coming over to visit and see our house for the first time this afternoon.
Elizabeth was a bear pretty much the whole visit. She cried pretty much the first couple hours. I fed her and changed her diaper and she settled a little bit. After she started up again and I changed her diaper again I put her in her carrier and walked around with her. I even took her outside to walk in the yard to settle her down. Finally she fell asleep and I was able to eat dinner.
She also nuked two outfits while the company was here. *groan* The first time was during dinner. She pooped a couple times and I took her upstairs to change her only to find out she got it on her outfit too. Later on I was holding her in my lap while our guest and Derrick played on the Playstation 2. She pooped a couple times and I jokingly said to Derrick that this was his to change. I handed her to him and saw that she had leaked again! This time it got on my jeans so I had to change too. Eesh! What a mess...
Our deduction after these two incidences - she has outgrown her disposable diapers.
I think she was cranky because she had a gas buildup and hadn't pooped all day. She isn't one to put out a good burp very easily. I'm thinking of maybe getting gas drops for her and will talk to the doctor's office on Monday. I just feel bad that she was like this while company was here but what can you do... A baby is unpredictable :D


Daddy "watched" Elizabeth while I straightened up the house a little bit before he went to do some grocery shopping. His coworker and his wife were coming over to visit and see our house for the first time this afternoon.
Elizabeth was a bear pretty much the whole visit. She cried pretty much the first couple hours. I fed her and changed her diaper and she settled a little bit. After she started up again and I changed her diaper again I put her in her carrier and walked around with her. I even took her outside to walk in the yard to settle her down. Finally she fell asleep and I was able to eat dinner.
She also nuked two outfits while the company was here. *groan* The first time was during dinner. She pooped a couple times and I took her upstairs to change her only to find out she got it on her outfit too. Later on I was holding her in my lap while our guest and Derrick played on the Playstation 2. She pooped a couple times and I jokingly said to Derrick that this was his to change. I handed her to him and saw that she had leaked again! This time it got on my jeans so I had to change too. Eesh! What a mess...
Our deduction after these two incidences - she has outgrown her disposable diapers.
I think she was cranky because she had a gas buildup and hadn't pooped all day. She isn't one to put out a good burp very easily. I'm thinking of maybe getting gas drops for her and will talk to the doctor's office on Monday. I just feel bad that she was like this while company was here but what can you do... A baby is unpredictable :D




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home