Date Night
Tonight was our first night out without the baby. Our friend Steve was having a party for himself bemoaning the fact that he was turning 30.
So we took Elizabeth to her Grandma's house. Derrick was having such a hard time leaving her there (at his own mother's house). This is a woman who has raised two kids and is currently baby sitting two younger kids next door. I was comfortable with leaving her with her Grandma. What a protective Daddy! 
We finally left and drove downtown. It was cooler down by the waterfront and it was great to see our friend who we haven't seen in a couple months. We stayed there from 6:00pm until around 9:30pm. I had a drink and it didn't sit well with me so I just had soda after that. I guess I have become a lightweight from not drinking anything in the last year and a half.
We picked up Elizabeth from Grandma's house. She was sleeping in a stroller when we got there. I guess she was a little cranky for most of the time she was there. Her Aunt and Uncle stopped by to see her and woke her up unintentionally when they came in the first time she fell asleep. Her Grandma thinks she was cranky because she was in a different environment without her mommy and daddy. But she was happy and talking when we woke her up to put her in her carrier. What a stinker!
We finally left and drove downtown. It was cooler down by the waterfront and it was great to see our friend who we haven't seen in a couple months. We stayed there from 6:00pm until around 9:30pm. I had a drink and it didn't sit well with me so I just had soda after that. I guess I have become a lightweight from not drinking anything in the last year and a half.
We picked up Elizabeth from Grandma's house. She was sleeping in a stroller when we got there. I guess she was a little cranky for most of the time she was there. Her Aunt and Uncle stopped by to see her and woke her up unintentionally when they came in the first time she fell asleep. Her Grandma thinks she was cranky because she was in a different environment without her mommy and daddy. But she was happy and talking when we woke her up to put her in her carrier. What a stinker!




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home