A Baby Story

Friday, August 26, 2005

Active Girl

Elizabeth is a very busy girl. She is constantly moving even while she eats. The only time she isn't moving is when she is very sound asleep.

I say very sound asleep because the last couple days we have found her out of her bumpers in her crib and turned in the opposite direction. Picture the letter 'T' - the top bar is the direction of her body and the middle bar is the direction of her bumpers. I think the way she does this is she is lifting up her butt and then pushes with her legs to scootch her body back. I've seen her do it a little bit when she is expressing her opinion about being put down for a nap.

While she eats she is either kicking her leg(s), twirling her feet, grabbing on to things with her hands (my lip, my clothes, my necklace, her feet, the remote, the phone, the glass/can/mug I'm drinking from, the paper/book I'm reading), or looking around to see what's going on in the room (the dog's/cat coming over to say hi, looking at the TV, looking at Daddy). This girl is constantly in motion. It makes you wish they bottled this energy.

Even when we are carrying her in our arms she is turning her head this way and that trying to take in what is around her. This is most likely a foreshadowing of what is to come when she becomes mobile.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ramona said...

Hi Anne Marie, thanks for stopping by my blog today!
What a great blog you have, it's a great way to remember all those special moments when your daughter was a baby!
I'm going to go over to Cyberia now to figure out which character you are...it's taking me a bit to figure out exactly what SIMS is! Sometimes I am absolutely clueless!

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Changing diapers is going to get more tricky! Once they start moving around good I hear you just have to get it on as best as you can. Sometimes my SIL has changed her daughter while she was crawling!

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home