A Baby Story

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Six Month Appointment

Elizabeth and I went to her doctor appointment today for her six month check-up. She started out the day crabby and so I was wondering how she would be at her appointment. At the doctor's office she wasn't happy about being put on the scale or on the table and much preferred to have me hold her.

Her stats at six month:

Weight: 15 lbs. 7 oz. (50% percentile)
Height: 27 inches (93% percentile)
Head: 24 cm (80% percentile)

The nurse practitioner said she certainly doesn't get her height from her mom. Not the first time this office has said that to me - but it's true so I laugh along. So she is a tall slim baby. She also said that babies tend to slow down in their weight gain at this point because they become so active moving around and grabbing onto things.

She also got two shots at this appointment. She was trying to look at what the nurse was doing and then started crying when she got the injections. I picked her up when it was done and she cried a little more than gave the nurse a dirty look and pouty lips. The nurse then told her that the 'nasty lady is leaving now'. Just the expression on her face was hilarious! I'm glad she wasn't mad at me for holding her arms.

She was better the rest of the day. I thought she would have taken a couple of long naps after having the shots but she didn't. She took a power nap of 15 minutes and then a 2 hour nap later in the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home